Online Basic Buddhism Study Course
LIVING THE DHARMA THROUGH
8 Week Course:
August 3 - September 28, 2016
9:00 p.m. ET / 6:00 p.m. PT
$50 General Regisration
$30 Rissho Kosei-kai Members
Instructor: Rev. Nick Ozuna
This is an introductory course on Ekayana Buddhism as interpreted through the writings of Nikkyo Niwano, founder of Rissho Kosei-kai.
Upon completion of this course,
a student will be able to do the following:
- Develop an understanding of the basic teachings of Buddhism.
- Apply the teachings to their everyday lives.
- Convey a moderate understanding of the basic Buddhist teachings to others.
Format: This is an online class that includes assignments, team presentations, discussions, and live online lecture and discussion each Wednesday evening through WebEX at:
9:00 p.m. EST, 8:00 p.m. CST, 7:00 p.m. MST and 6:00 p.m. PST.
Access instructions will be provided once you have completed your registration.
Prerequisite: None, but please note that a computer with Internet access and a headset with a microphone are required to participate in this course.
Required Reading: Basic Teachings of Buddhism (pdf)
- Buddhism for Today, written by Nikkyo Niwano, Kosei Publishing, 1975 (download PDF)
- The Threefold Lotus Sutra, translated by Kato, Tamura and Miyasaka, Kosei Publishing, 1975. (download PDF)
These book are also available for purchase through the RKINA website for $15 each (free shipping).
$ 50 - General registration
$ 30 - Rissho Kosei-kai members (Membership information is required at registration.)
Class size limited to 30 for optimal learning experience.