Online Kyoten Study
ESSENCE OF THE LOTUS SUTRA
8 Week Course:
May 10 - July 5, 2017
9:00 - 10:30 p.m. ET / 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. PT
$75 General Regisration
$50 Rissho Kosei-kai Members
Instructor: Rev. Nick Ozuna
Catalog Description: This is an introductory online course on the core chapters of the Threefold Lotus Sutra, as interpreted through the writings of Nikkyo Niwano, Founder of Rissho Kosei-kai.
Upon completion of this course,
a student will be able to do the following:
- Develop an understanding of the Kyoten and the essential elements of the Lotus Sutra
- Learn to apply the teachings to their every day life.
- Convey a moderate understanding of the Lotus Sutra to others.
Format: This is an online class every Wednesday (except June 7) at 6pm PT via WebEx. Each class will be 90 minutes long, including lecture, Q&A, and student presentation. Class starts at:
9:00 p.m. EST, 8:00 p.m. CST, 7:00 p.m. MST and 6:00 p.m. PST.
Access instructions will be provided once you have completed your registration.
- Kyoten (available for purchase from RKINA, or download from registration confirmation page or here)
- Guide to the Kyoten (available for download from registration confirmation page or here)
- Niwano, Nikkyo, Buddhism for Today. Kosei Publishing, 1975 (download PDF)
- The Threefold Lotus Sutra, translated by Bunno, Kato (download PDF)
These books are also available for purchase through RKINA.
- Computer with Internet access
- Webcam and microphone
$ 75 - General registration
$ 50 - Rissho Kosei-kai members (Membership information is required at registration.)
* If you wish to attend, but are unable to afford the fee, please contact your local RK minister to discuss scholarship options.
Class size limited to 30 for optimal learning experience.